And I made the scraping device (technical term?) for making the countertop edges. As you can see, it'll have a couple steps down, with the first and last being rounded. The idea will be to load the edges of the mold with some type of material (plaster, modeling clay, not sure what will work best yet) and then use the scraping device to...well...scrape away the excess, leaving only the desired shape of material. We'll see how well it works. Worst case scenario, we go for something a little less elaborate, like a simple bullnose or something.
Monday, November 23, 2009
Bring on the samples
Tonight I finished making the two 2-inch deep reusable sample forms, each 12" wide and 18" long. I'll use them to test out different color combinations and finishing techniques. My wife tells me I'm abnormally excited about them. Oh well...

And I made the scraping device (technical term?) for making the countertop edges. As you can see, it'll have a couple steps down, with the first and last being rounded. The idea will be to load the edges of the mold with some type of material (plaster, modeling clay, not sure what will work best yet) and then use the scraping device to...well...scrape away the excess, leaving only the desired shape of material. We'll see how well it works. Worst case scenario, we go for something a little less elaborate, like a simple bullnose or something.
And I made the scraping device (technical term?) for making the countertop edges. As you can see, it'll have a couple steps down, with the first and last being rounded. The idea will be to load the edges of the mold with some type of material (plaster, modeling clay, not sure what will work best yet) and then use the scraping device to...well...scrape away the excess, leaving only the desired shape of material. We'll see how well it works. Worst case scenario, we go for something a little less elaborate, like a simple bullnose or something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment