
The Countryman mold is coming together nicely. I haven't used my steam box in about 6 years, but it was crucial tonight. The strips of hardboard wouldn't have made the corner curves without a little persuasion. and thanks to some PL400 adhesive and my finishing nailer, the edge strips fit perfectly, making a nice, flowing curve. After putting some spackle over the nail holes and sanding it smooth, the mold should be ready for the beveled edge work...stay tuned.
I also cut the pieces needed for small 1x1.5 ft sample slabs. These will be handy for testing color combinations and edging styles. The sample pigment and acid stain have been ordered and should be here tomorrow. Let the fun begin!

Chris, awesome site. I think this will be an amazing selling and training tool. Keep up the great work, my friend. I can't wait to see the Countryman project finished.
ReplyDelete